By placing a booking you are deemed to have read, understood and accepted our terms and conditions. Completion of the booking process and acceptance of our terms and conditions forms your contract with Rat Pack Dog Services. In these terms and conditions Rat Pack Dog Services shall be referred to as ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ and The Client as ‘you’, ‘your’ or ‘their’.
Bookings and Cancellations
- Booking on any Rat Pack Dog Services classes/training/consults/workshops is made via email/Facebook message or telephone.
- Confirmation of the booking is upon receipt of a completed booking form and full payment made to Rat Pack Dog Services.
- Payment of fees should be made at the time of placing a booking or if paying by cheque, BACS or cash, within 4 working days of your booking form being received. Payments by cheque should be made out to Rat Pack Dog Services, payments by BACS to Account Name: Rat Pack Dog Services, Sort Code: 20-18-17, Account Number: 83611183.
- 1-2-1 and behaviour consultations will be subject to an additional mileage charge at 0.45ppm should required travel be further than a 20 mile radius from Barry.
- Cancellations can be made 14 working days, beginning on the day after we send your booking confirmation, before the start of the course/class/workshop/consult, and a refund given. However, there is no right of cancellation where the course/class/workshop/consult begins within this 14 day period.
- If the place can be resold then a full refund may be given within the 14 day period at the discretion of Rat Pack Dog Services.
- Cancellations must be made by email. Cancellations will be subject to the following fees:
- If the participant fails to attend the course the full course fees are payable.
- If the participant misses two sessions and fails to advise Rat Pack Dog Services they cannot attend, the entire booking will be forfeit.
- If the participant cancels a £15 admin charge will be deducted from the refund.
- Should your bitch come into season just before or during the course, we must be contacted immediately. A transfer over to a class at a later date may be offered at our discretion but a refund will not be given.
- If for some reason your dog does not settle in classes, 1-2-1 sessions will be offered as an alternative. The cost of these sessions may be put against the remaining credit from unused classes plus additional cost should the credit run out.
- Should we have to cancel a class, an alternate class will be offered or partial refund given.
- Missed classes that are not our fault are not eligible for a refund. Make up classes are not available for missed classes unless at our discretion.
- Requests to transfer to an alternative class can only be made up to 14 days prior to the start of your first class. Any requests to change must be made in writing by email.
Classes, Training and Consultations
- Please keep dogs on leads at all times unless otherwise directed by your trainer.
- You are responsible for the behaviour and actions of your dog while attending training and are required to clean up after your dog should they go to the toilet.
- Please respect the personal space of other dogs and ensure you stand at an appropriate distance until your trainer advises the correct social introductions.
- You must follow instructions at all times, including all safety instructions and don’t use equipment when your trainer is not present.
- Equipment is designed for dog use only and we take no responsibility for loss or damages that may occur when equipment is in use.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your dog is fit and healthy to attend training, your dog must be fully vaccinated and not suffering from any infectious disease that could be transmitted to any other dogs.
- Please inform your trainer before your training session if your bitch is in season. Depending on location, you may not be able to attend.
- We use reward based training therefore harsh handling will NOT be allowed under any circumstances. Your trainer reserves the right to request any persons to leave the premises or cease the session if they are abusive to any other person or dog. We do not allow prong or choke chain collars, slip leads or extendible leads in classes. If you would like any help with selecting equipment please let your trainer know.
- Any accidents, issues or injuries involving a person or a dog must be reported immediately to the trainer. In the unlikely event of an altercation between two dogs, stand back and allow your trainer to address it.
- Cars are parked at their owner’s risk. We do not accept any responsibility for theft or damage to cars or property whilst at training.
- Family members are always welcome in classes and 1-2-1 training. All children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- We operate a one dog to one handler policy in all our classes/training/workshops/consults to lessen the load on the handler. It is advised that if multiple persons are present, only one person trains the dog to lessen confusion and prevent stunted learning.
- From time to time we may need to change the time of an entire or part of a training course/class/workshop/consult. This can be due to weather or other external forces. We reserve the right to do so but will contact you in advance to notify you of any required changes. We reserve the right to change the location of a seminar or workshop but will notify you in advance by email.
- Although we cannot fully guarantee a 100% success rate with our training methods, we have a high success rate with previous clients who follow and practice our methods in the long term.
Dog Walking/Home Visits
- As part of the booking process all walks or a home visits will have a meet and greet at the clients home prior to the booking to go over all the dogs needs and assess their behaviour.
- Rat Pack Dog Services reserves the right to cancel the contract at any time & with immediate effect if the dog does not respond well to/act aggressively towards us.
- All dogs will be exercised on a lead unless prior agreement has been reached with us and a disclaimer form has been signed.
- The walker will apply personal judgment and cut short a walk if necessary because of extreme weather conditions (i.e., heat, thunder storms) for the safety of both the dogs and the walker.
- If dogs require a quick towelling off after walks towels must be provided and left by the front door.
- Bitches in season that are meant to be walked will be offered a home visit as an alternative.
- Rat Pack Dog Services is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged leads, collars, tags, clothing or any other item left with your dog.
- Keys/arrange access to the dog for the agreed appointment must be provided; failure to do so will result in a cancellation for that day’s service and will be paid in full by the client.
- By signing a key holder waiver form this will indemnify Rat Pack Dog Services in full against any liability arising from loss or damage to the property or its contents, in present and future circumstances.
- All new clients will be asked at the start of a course/class/workshop consult if they are happy for they/their dog to be photographed. Anyone who verbally consents for their dog to be photographed, videotaped, and/or used in any media or advertising by Rat Pack Dog Services means we do not require future approval. All such photographs and videos etc. are the property of Rat Pack Dog Services.